You could find many practical uses for a garage and that means you should focus on making them what you need in terms of storage space. There is no better way of doing that by renovating them. You should ideally use them to store your vehicle, however you can use your garage for more than just that. The following tips and ideas will give you a hint as to what you can use to make your garage space as amazing as possible:
- Begin by clearing the clutter inside the garage as your first small, but very important step toward improvement. Move all your stored items away from the garage and into the shed or the attic if you can. If you can’t, then you will need to store things in bins or on shelving while the project is going on. No matter what you’re planning you will need that extra space.
- You can find slot wall panels in most home improvement centers. Use them to hang your tools on pegs or in baskets hooked to them and out of the way. They will come in handy when you need to store and display your other items and even sports equipment.
- Designate work areas for your gardening, artwork and construction inside your garage. Since you don’t have carpeting inside a garage you should keep in mind that making a mess there won’t be too much of an issue. You can enjoy the nature of your work there sequestered away from the rest of the house.
- Keep a desk around for your work areas where you can place your smaller, sensitive tools. This will also serve well as a focal point for your planning and sketching of new ideas and projects. You can also focus on drawing here or writing if you are inclined to do so, as this is one of the most quiet areas around the house if you live with a large family. Alternately, your kids could enjoy spending time here as well if you accommodate them.
- You may want to setup some entertainment essentials inside your garage. It could be as simple as decorating the area or even going further than that by installing a pool table, air hockey table or something similar. You could also turn it into a gym or have a place of entertainment where you keep a TV and your gaming equipment. There is quite a bit you can do with that extra space so think ahead and make a decent plan on what to do with it.
- Think about seating as well, but combine that with some budgeting if you don’t want to put far too much resources into it. You can re-cushion and old chair from your lawn or do what you can to refresh an older couch if you’ve kept it around.