Nothing says the holidays have arrived like driving through your neighborhood and seeing the houses decorated. If you don’t have the time or money to decorate the entire exterior of your house, consider one of these seven ways to spruce up your garage door as a quick alternative.
- Wrap it up. You’ve seen plenty of front doors wrapped up as Christmas presents, and you can do the same thing with your garage door. To save on costs, consider buying paper in bulk from your local craft store or sew a few festive sheets together and add paint or tape for the finishing touches.
- String Up the Lights. For an even quicker decorating idea that you can incorporate into your overall outdoor holiday decor scheme, try adding twinkling lights to the garage door. Lights with the oversized bulbs are ideal, and running them around the frame of the door ensures you get full functionality all season long.
- Paint a Mural. Make a big commitment and show off your artistic side, and paint a mural on the garage door to ring in the season. Consider using a winter theme instead of something overtly Christmas so you can keep it up and enjoy it longer than just December.
- Put Up a Wreath. For those who don’t want to overwhelm the house, a tasteful holiday wreath on the garage door is a great way to add just a touch of festive spirit. Since a wreath is small, you can go all out with the glitter, holly sprigs, and even a snowman accent.
- Use a Projector. Perfect for those who rent or don’t want to make permanent cosmetic changes, a projector in the yard facing the garage can let you put a holiday scene up for everyone to enjoy after nightfall.
- Use Decorative Magnets. This is another quick accent-type decoration for those who don’t want to go all out. Test your door to make sure regular magnets will stick and keep placement in mind if you will be going in and out a lot.
- Apply Vinyl Stickers. These clings designed to stay put longer and be more durable than regular window stickers. Spell out a holiday greeting with text or create a collage of your favorite winter characters.
- Add Fake Snow. Maybe you live in a climate that doesn’t see much snow fall. Create your own winter wonderland with fake snow. Line the edges of your garage with the fake snow to achieve the perfect wintry effect.
- Hang Garland. Garland is the next best thing to a full Christmas tree. It provides color and texture with more versatility. Add accessories, including lights, bows, and ornaments. Hang garland over the top of your garage door or use it to make a fun pattern or spell out a name.
- Play Holiday Tunes. Bluetooth connectivity is everywhere, and it allows you to play music anywhere. As long as it doesn’t bother your neighbors, broadcast some holiday tunes as part of your holiday decorations.
Add to the wintry magic of the holiday season by putting some festive touches on the garage door for your family, friends, and neighbors to enjoy.